1. So far, we love this bright, colorful bath mat. Our tub is an old cast iron tub, refinished, and very slick when wet. I hated bathing my 9-month old daughter in it because I was so nervous, but she is far too big for the infant tub and loves a bath, so I needed a mat. I am pleased that we picked this one.
I did have to let it “relax” for a few days, so if would be flat enough to use. There was a slight smell of plastic, but it dissipated quickly enough and it has no odor at all now (we’ve had it about a week, maybe 10 days).
The suction cups stuck to our tub perfectly, I just had to start in the center and apply light pressure and they adhered and stayed that way for the length of each bath. It sticks strongly enough that my daughter can’t peel up the edges, even though she tries.
She might pop one or two cups up by the end of the bath, but that’s it. She loves the bright colors of the sea creatures on the mat and I love that it helps stop her slip-sliding around as she splashes and plays.
After a bath, I just let it air dry by hanging it over the side of the tub and it dries in an hour or so.
So far, I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend the bath mat to others looking for something to help make bathtime safer!
2. We purchased this bath mat for our daughter to keep her from sliding around in the tub. It sticks to the bottom of the tub with no problem, and the texture on top of the mat keeps her from sliding. She LOVES the sea animal print on the mat.
There was a little bit of a chemical smell when we first opened the package, but after I washed it with dish liquid and hung it to dry, the smell was gone. We think this is a great mat, and bought a second one for our other tub.
3. This mat is AMAZING. I can’t recommend it enough. It is affordable and when the bathtub is filled it looks like there are characters in the tub. My 12-month-old son is always touching it and reaching under the water to try to catch the fish. It also works well in its function as a non-slip mat.
We struggle to keep him from standing up; this at least prevents the usual slip and slid of when he tries. Definitely a great buy! More at https://www.brandreviewly.com/best-non-slip-bath-mat-for-baby/.
4. I bought this for myself as I’m pregnant and was worried about slipping in the bath when getting in and out as I grew in size.
I love it. It’s colorful and fits both my roll-top bath and shower perfectly.It will be great for when the baby arrives too. The auction works well and can be moved with ease.
5. Our 8-month-old was too big for his bath support used since birth. Instead of buying a bath seat, we wanted to just get an anti-slip bath mat because he sits up independently so well. He loved the mat from the first bath and loves that he can be more mobile playing with his toys and enjoys bath time even more than he already did!
The mat is good quality, isn’t slippery despite having quite a smooth surface and despite the baby scooting around on his bum, the suction cups seem to be holding the mat down nicely. Overall, we’re very pleased!
1. This did exactly what I needed it to do to make my 1 yr old daughter comfortable in the tub by being able to “see” and touch the bottom but it will not stick at all. Now that she’s walking I can’t use it safely and it’s frustrating.
I’ve made sure the surface was clean and variated how damp it was before working each suction cup trying to get them to stick (I can only get about 5 to and there are probably close to 40 on it), I’ve rerolled it the other way as it dries to try to get it to lay flat before trying to rework it again next bath. It just won’t stick!
This is my children shower so if it would ever stick I would leave it in there. I thought reading everyone else’s comments there was some operator error going on but it is a product defect, unfortunately. It’s such a shame because it is beautiful!
2. I bought this mat as a replacement for a skip hop one that we were using. We’ve had this for about a month now and after each bath, it is rinsed and hung to dry. I was very disappointed when I noticed mold and dirt on the bottom of the mat the other day.
I soaked it in vinegar overnight and scrubbed the bottom, but it’s near impossible to clean. I would not recommend this product.
3. This bath mat is really cute and seems well made. Unfortunately, it did not stick to the floor of my bathtub. My bathtub is textured on the bottom so I guess this is why it does not stick. I’m not sure if there is a product out there that would work. So if your tub is textured, I wouldn’t recommend this product.
No problems sticking or keeping stuck to the bathtub floor.
Seems effective at preventing slippage.
An inquisitive child could easily tear the thing up; the edges pull apart.
Mold. Mold. Mold. Granted, we use the tub at least twice a day, every day, but be prepared to wash the thing frequently. I have found that a good bleach soak will kill off the mold and keep it gone for several weeks.